Welcome to the first post for "Behind the Crease" where I will be helping fantasy hockey owners to create and maintain a strong fantasy hockey roster among other things. As I grow the site and its viewers, more information pertaining to other aspects of the game will be added such as trade rumors/actual transactions and more detailed information pertaining to each position (forward, defense, goalie). All information regarding fantasy players will be taken off Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey.

With the Olympic games coming up on the 15th Ill hold off on any planned weekly issues, but I will try and provide some coverage on the games. Any injuries that take place during the games will end up affecting your roster, so if a chance arises and you can catch another owner with their pants down, you can make a steal with your injured coal and walk away with a hot diamond.

While I know this does not pertain to hockey I figured it should be mentioned anyhow, all you Colts fans out there should be prepared to get your ass kicked in 7 hours. I just wanted to put that out there for you. Now that my war face has subsided, in all actuality I hope its a close and highly entertaining game regardless of who wins. I wish the best of luck to you Indianapolis.

Now that I have that out of the way let me give you a light introduction of who I am. My name is Zack Ghormley, long time hockey player and die hard fan of the Phoenix Coyotes. As a native of Arizona I unfortunately have not had the pleasure of living in a die hard hockey community, however hockey has been a growing rapidly in this mostly grand state so my luck might change in the next 10 years. I have played hockey for 17 years and began playing in fantasy leagues 9 years ago. For those of you who are curious enough I am currently 22, or will be on the 28th of this month to be more specific. My fantasy league, Come to Compete, is in its 4th year of success, this year only having 1 complete failure of a player who doesn't attend to his team.. Ever... I thought the name of the league kind of gave away the fact that I wanted competitive players to join, apparently this person felt that this was not the case. Back on topic, I sit in third place, 9pts behind first with a roster that has been pelted with injuries, Brian Gianta, Cam Ward, and Johan Franzen spent the most time out. I think I have covered everything worth covering for now. Next week I will cover more about fantasy hockey instead of the introductions and Super Bowl badgering.

Until next time,

Zack Ghormley